Beaverswood Supply Company Limited
This policy covers all users who register to use the beaverswood.co.uk website. It is not necessary to register in order to gain access to the searching facilities of the site, but we may restrict access to certain areas as referred to in Principle 2 below.
Access to beaverswood.co.uk is free of charge to all users.
The beaverswood.co.uk website is operated by Beaverswood Supply Company Limited. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you are using our online services. To protect your privacy, we apply six principles which you can read about below.
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Beaverswood collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees/Staff of Beaverswood who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
Beaverswood are the complete supplier of warehouse identification and labelling products for the Warehouse, Distribution Centre Office or Computer Room. The management of a modern Warehouse needs to have clear and precise identification signs that can be simply understood by all concerned.
Since 1984 Beaverswood has been involved in the design, manufacture and development of alpha-numeric labelling systems for the quick and easy identification of products and areas. We only collect data on you as a customer in order for Beaverswood to fulfil the transaction, in order to do that we may share your information with credit reference agencies and hauliers. Beaverswood will not share or sell your data with any third party apart from the above.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- (0118 9796090)
The personal data we would like to collect from/process on you is:
|Personal data type:||Source|
|Address and contact details||Only from you|
|Financial data||Credit agency’s and any possible trade references given by you – only to allow Beaverswood to process your transaction|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- to notify you about changes to our products or service.
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- In order to perform our contact with you, we may also need to share personal data with third parties such as payment providers, sub-contractors, suppliers, hauliers and postal service organisations to assist in the delivery of goods or services you have ordered.
- where necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we are subject to.
- for our legitimate interests (as described within this policy).
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- Purpose of the processing and the legal basis for the processing.
- The legitimate interests of the controller or third party, where applicable.
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
- No special categories of data are collected, these include but not limited to the following: Ethnic origin, political opinions, Religious beliefs, Philosophical beliefs, Trade union membership, Genetic data, Biometric data, Health data and sexual orientation.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Consent is required for Beaverswood to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing Beaverswood (firstname.lastname@example.org) or alternatively complete the “withdrawal consent form found on our website (https://www.beaverswood.co.uk/data-subject-consent-withdrawal-form-2/).
Beaverswood will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. However we will need to pass your details to transport agency’s so that we can complete your transaction where appropriate.
|Third country (non-EU)/international organisation||Safeguards in place to protect your personal data||Retrieve a copy of the safeguards in place here:|
|Haulier if delivery is outside of the EU area||Only limited information is provided in order to execute your transaction.||Third party GDPR agreements in place.|
|Privacy and safeguard information obtained||Due to various hauliers that could be used please contact email@example.com
to request this information.
|Financial/credit agencys if required||Privacy and safeguard information obtained||Due to various companys that could be used please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to request this information.
3.4 Retention period
Beaverswood will process personal data for 7 years to legally fulfil their financial obligations.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Beaverswood refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Beaverswood (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Beaverswood’s data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||[Data Protection Officer (DPO)] / [GDPR Owner] contact details|
|Contact Name:||Jim Roberts|
|Address line 1:||Information Commissioner’s Office||Beaverswood Supply Co ltd|
|Address line 2:||Wycliffe House||Units 8-10 Metro Centre|
|Address line 3:||Water Lane||Toutley Road|
|Address line 4:||Wilmslow||Wokingham|
|Address line 5:||SK9 5AF||RG41 1QW|
|Telephone:||0303 123 1113||0118 9796096|
4. Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, (Beaverswood), will collect and use your personal data for.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you: Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.beaverswood.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, leave comments, feedback, messages and other information you make about us on our site including blogs and discussion forums and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, age, postal address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other products we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Why does Beaverswood need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Beaverswood would contact you for additional consent.
Will Beaverswood share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Beaverswood in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Beaverswood’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Beaverswood use the personal data it collects about me?
Beaverswood will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Beaverswood is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Beaverswood contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Beaverswood at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Beaverswood does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Beaverswood or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Beaverswood accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: Passport, Driving Licence or birth certificate.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner:
|Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner contact details|
|Contact Name:||Jim Roberts|
|Address line 1:||Beaverswood Supply Co Ltd|
|Address line 2:||Units 8-10 Metro Centre|
|Address line 3:||Toutley Road|
|Address line 4:||Wokingham|
|Address line 5:||RG41 1QW|
Document Owner and Approval
The Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR.
Change History Record
|Issue||Description of Change||Approval||Date of Issue|
Data Protection Officer
Beaverswood Supply Company Limited
Unit 8 – 10 Metro Centre
If you have any questions for beaverswood.co.uk relating to privacy, please send them to this address.
Changes to this policy